A GREAT Crock Pot recipe!!
Wonderful Family Dinner!
Sweet Honey Sesame Chicken
• 5 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
• salt and pepper
• 1 cup honey
• 1/2 cup soy sauce (I used low sodium)
• 1/2 cup diced onion
• 1/4 cup ketchup
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 4 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 6 Tablespoons water
• 2 tablespoons (or more) sesame seeds
• 3.5 scallions, chopped
Lightly season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper, put into crock pot.
In a medium bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, onion, ketchup, oil, garlic and pepper flakes. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 4 hours.
Remove chicken from crock pot, leave sauce. Dissolve 4 teaspoons of cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of water and pour into crock pot. Stir to combine with sauce. Replace lid and cook sauce on high for ten more minutes or until slightly thickened.
Chop chicken into bite size pieces. Then in individual bowls, place chicken pieces over cooked rice and spoon some sauce on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped scallions.