Joe Theismanns Shrimp Scampi Dip
I found this recipe and HAD to share!!
This has GOT TO BE THE BEST SHRIMP SCAMPI DIP EVER!!
For the dip:
1 Tbsp Canola oil
3 Jumbo shrimp (U-15)
1 tsp shallots, chopped
1 tsp garlic, chopped
1 oz white wine
Pinch salt & pepper
Pinch red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp Bino’s special butter, divided
1 lemon wedge
2 slices provolone
5 slices French bread spread with garlic butter
1. To make Bino’s Special Butter: Sauté one clove chopped garlic,
1 tablespoon shallots, and salt and pepper in a pan for 1.5 minutes.
Add mixture to 4 Tbsp cold butter and mix well. Set aside.
1. In a skillet over medium heat, add canola oil.
2. Cut the three shrimp lengthwise (6 pieces total).
3. Add shrimp; sauté for 1 minute. Add shallots and garlic;
sauté for 30 seconds
4. Add 1 oz. white wine, salt & pepper, red pepper flakes, 1 Tbsp
of Bino butter. Squeeze lemon wedge over top and sauté for 1 minute.
5. Layer shrimp in bottom of an oven proof bowl. Pour garlic-shallot
mixture over shrimp; sprinkle with bread crumbs as desired.
6. Top breadcrumbs with 1 Tbsp bino butter, 2 slices provolone cheese,
and place in oven for 3 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbling.
7. Place under broiler until cheese is lightly browned. Carefully
remove from oven, and sit bowl on a plate. Serve with 5 slices
French bread, toasted, and spread with garlic butter (regular butter )