EZ BEEF CHOW MEIN
Everyone loves to have Chinese Carry out as a treat or fast meal on the run. Try this recipe for making your own “Carry-Out” Stay in night without all of the cost!
½ lb lean ground beef
½ teaspoon garlic pepper blend
1 cup uncooked regular long-grain rice
¼ cup water
½ cup chow mein noodles
¼ cup cashew pieces, if desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, crumble beef; sprinkle with garlic pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown; drain.
- In ungreased, 11×7-inch or a 2-quart glass baking dish, mix beef, rice, broth, and water.
- Stir in vegetables. Cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until rice is tender. Uncover and stir; sprinkle with chow mein noodles