Start with dissolving the soap flakes in 1 cup of boiling water stirring it gently. Once the soap is dissolved add the oil and glycerine, then the essential oil if using one.
With the water running pour in 5 tablespoons of your new solution onto the water. Save the rest of the solution for your next bath. It should last a month or so at room temp.
Tip: Instead of using the soap flakes out of a box you can make your own flakes out of your own bar of soap. I recommend you use a glycerine soap though. We have a old small food processor that we use, it is the size of a coffee bean grinder. Using the hand grater got old.
1. Start your wax melting over low heat.
2. Trim off the top of the milk carton so you have an open box.
3. Dip the bottom of the wick into the wax and affix it to the bottom of the carton in the very center.
4. Fill the container ¾ of the way full with ice, keeping the wick in the center of the mold.
5. Pour melted wax directly over the ice until it’s just covered. Allow it to cool until hardened.
6. Tear the cardboard away from the candle once the wax is hard and then set the candle in the sink or a bowl until the water pockets have drained away.
Be sure to place candle on a holder or saucer before burning.