How to Make Ice Candles
An Old Time Favorite!!! Many of us made these as kids or watched Parents and Grandparents make these!! Carry on the tradition with your children and loved ones.
Cardboard milk carton
1. Start your wax melting over low heat.
2. Trim off the top of the milk carton so you have an open box.
3. Dip the bottom of the wick into the wax and affix it to the bottom of the carton in the very center.
4. Fill the container ¾ of the way full with ice, keeping the wick in the center of the mold.
5. Pour melted wax directly over the ice until it’s just covered. Allow it to cool until hardened.
6. Tear the cardboard away from the candle once the wax is hard and then set the candle in the sink or a bowl until the water pockets have drained away.
Be sure to place candle on a holder or saucer before burning.
photo source~ via~ Google Images
This is a citrus zest grater (may also be used as a general purpose grater). (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Make your own Body Wash:
Since we all have a fave soap, try this.
Get a bar of your favorite soap.
Grate with a cheese grater (of course don’t use it on cheese after this)
Add to 2 cups of water.
Pour into a saucepan. Heat over medium until soap is dissolved.
Let cool over night.
Pour into bottles and you have taken some time, about 30 minutes
but you have saved money!!
Make Your Own Craft Paint
selbstgemacht (Photo credit: Julie Paradise1)
What you will need:
1 cup salt
1 cup flour
1 c water
food coloring (all colors you would like for your paints to be)
Individual resealable containers
Add all of the above ingredients in separate containers, mix WELL. Seal in containers. Pour as much as you need for craft time.
This is a great way to save money and let the kids help out with making their own paint and experimenting with colors.
Make your own refreshing citrus air freshener. After you buy the oils you can continue to mix scents for a variety of spray. Also, save money by making your own.
Homemade Home Sprays are also GREAT gifts!
You can find Essential oils
at your local Health Food Store or online. (Prices range from $2.99 to $6.99)
(You can add 2.5 ounces of Vodka to the distilled for a stronger, longer lasting scent)
- Fill your clean spray bottle with 3 oz. vodka (if desired) , 6 oz. water, blend. Drip essential oils into spray bottle and shake very well to combine.
- Shake well before each use.
Label your bottle well and keep out of reach of kids and pets. Be careful not to allow the fragrance to land on furniture, pets, food, or open beverages.
All children love to have their very own umbrella. How about letting them design it!!
Paint Your Very Own Umbrella
Great idea to let their minds Shine even when it’s Raining!
What you will need:
Child/Adolescent size umbrella (color of your choice)
Water-proof paints (fabric paint or acrylic) I prefer fabric paints…
paint brushes and/or craft sponges
stencils (if desired)
Let your little one create their masterpiece! Have them put their little hand prints, flowers, cars or whatever their heart desires.
Their creation is sure to be one of a kind and the conversation piece of the playground!!